Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mustang!

Sunday, March 8 was, among other things: (1) daylight savings day; (2) about 65 degrees, sunny, with a pleasant cool breeze in the bay area; and (3) the 45th birthday of the Ford Mustang.

To celebrate, I took my lovely wife, and a picnic lunch in a cooler, and joined a group of about 60 other mustang guys (and a few girls) around the Bay area for a Mustang Cruise. It was fantastic. We drove through miles of winding mountain roads, a long line of beefy sounding engines and the smell of burning gasoline snaking dropping gears like bad habits and snaking around occasional road bikers. It must have been a sight to see, when out of the blue, 60 bright, noisy cars, roar past you! Here are some pictures from the event (most in the parking lot getting ready.. the road pictures mostly came out pretty badly).







In other News
I have an update for you. I finally received the Proglass Mystery 7 hood. It looks to be in good shape. I wish it was painted Redfire instead of Torch Red so I could just install it, but its not, so I can't. Its going to have to wait until I'm ready to get all the work done. Which still may be a little while considering the economy, cost, and other life circumstances that are putting this on the back burner of prioritization - for now.

In the meanwhile, I have all the parts I need now, except for the ducktail spoiler, which I will get when I'm ready - no rush. I also managed to find a very very special part that will really set my project apart from any other '67 tribute project I've seen before... yes, I will blog on it in due time, my friends. Bonus for anyone who can guess (and there are some very subtle clues in some of my earlier posts) - comment away (if you know - and this means you, Robin and I think Dan - don't give away the secret!).
That's all for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment